Stay healthy Stay happy…..
Spinach & Corn rice is a very healthy recipe to eat as well as is healthy to cook as it has dual benefits, healthy to cook ?? lot of thoughts rushing in mind……. then the answer is, as its simple and easy to prepare within few minutes and does not require any extra efforts so no chance of getting tired, you can prepare it anytime, its a recipe which will keep your loved ones and family members healthy and happy as everyone will love it and appreciate the food which will bring a smile on your lovely face which in turn will keep you happier and healthier..
Many times we feel restless then jeera rice or a pulao are recipes that instantly pops up in our mind which no doubt tastes yummy but after eating this one next time when you feel like preparing instant recipe the first that comes to your mind is this one….
Cooking & preparation time : 10-15 mins
- 1 cup rice (brown or white) – brown rice is healthier than white rice as it has got lower cholesterol level and aids antioxidant activities.(I have used white rice here)
- 2 cups water for white rice and 2 1/2 cups for brown rice as it requires a little more water than white rice.
- 1oo grams spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 spoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 spoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 green chilli
- 1 spoon garam masala
- 2 spoons lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1 spoon oil or desi ghee
- Wash and soak rice for 5 mins, you can soak for longer as it takes lesser time to cook if you soak for a long period that is around 20- 30 mins.
- Wash spinach leaves in cold water, chop them in big pieces and soak in water.
- In a pressure cooker add oil and cumin seeds and let it splutter then add green chilli and garam masala, now add rice, spinach leaves and corn, turmeric powder, salt and water, cover it and cook until it whistles 4-5 times on high to medium flame.
- Now add lemon juice and serve hot.
Enjoy the recipe and stay tuned to datewithfood.