Kanya Puja which means ninth day of Navratra starts, its a day of festival and celebration but at the same time its difficult to let Ma Durga go back and wait for another whole year for her arrival but as she has nine forms in the same way Kanya’s are worshipped as Durga Maa and invited on this special occasion to give blessings and enjoy food varieties which pleases Durga Maa.
Kanchak Puja or Kanya Puja is celebrated with great excitement by people in different ways, it brings joy for little girls who are invited for puja and served with varieties of food, for those little innocent souls collecting money or gifts from people serving them as a offering to the deity is a great part.
It reminds me of my childhood days, its so much fun visiting homes of neighbours & relatives and gives a sense of being privileged in the society which is trust me one of the best feeling.
SAVE GIRL CHILD, SAVE YOUR NATION…
- 4 cups wheat flour sieved
- pinch of salt 1 teasppon oil
- water as required
- oil for frying
- 3/4 cup kala chana
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri mirch
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- water for soaking & boiling
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- 1 cup semolina (suji)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 cardamon
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 3-4 almonds
- Sieve the flour and prepare a soft dough
- Make small balls, roll it circular and deep fry.
- soak chana overnight, in the morning drain water and boil it.
- in a pan add oil, green chilli, ginger and cumin seeds then add chana and all other ingredients, add little water and cook until it becomes dry.
- In a pan add ghee and heat, then add semolina and cook it until it turns light brown
- Then add water and mix
- Add sugar, cardamon powder and almonds
Enjoy your today’s date with Kanya’s.
Jai Mata Di…