It makes me feel so proud to be born and brought up in a country like India as it has so much to offer to every individual, we are blessed to be part of so many festivals all round the year, whether you belong to any religion, caste or sex…Karvachauth is one of the festival which is celebrated with great zeal, not only by married women but by girls and males also, now it has become so popular that people overseas enjoy celebrating it..
The most common dish which is prepared on this occasion is Gulgule or Pua, a very simple and tasty recipe, for sweet lovers or non lovers.I love it so much that even without any occasion sometimes I cook and enjoy it.
Preparation & cooking time : 30 mins
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar/jaggery (gur)
- 1 cup water
- 1 spoon saunf (it will give a cool and crunchy flavour which enhances the taste)
- pinch of baking powder
- Sift the flour by adding baking powder.
- Then add all the ingredients to it and keep aside for 10 mins to allow the batter to ferment( batter should not be thin).
- Then heat the oil for frying, add a spoon of batter to the pan and deep fry until golden brown.
Enjoy the festival