You may have heard a lot of times from people around you to eat healthy or go on strict diet as it helps in weight management and there is huge number of people following the diet plans, workout daily which is essential for living in this Era as it is full of pollutents, the food is full of preservatives and chemicals, so why not go healthy, but going healthy buy compromising on taste and above all your mental health is not at all advisable so why not prepare food which doesn’t let you make sacrifices, that is why datewithfood brings for you a recipe that is easy to cook, easy for stomach to digest, easy to keep you healthy and happy.
Preparation and cooking time : 15 mins
- 2 carrots (high in fiber, contains vitamin c and antioxidants)
- 2 sprigs of broccoli or cauliflower (dietary fiber and contains vitamin C and K)
- 1 green capsicum (you may add coloured ones) helps in vision, good for skin and hair.
- 1 onion(regulates blood sugar level and contains healing properties)
- 1 tomato (antioxidants and vitamin C)
- 50 gms cottage cheese( weight loss, rich in protein and calcium)
- 2-3 garlic cloves(low in calories and help in treating diseases)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger (treats nausea and morning sickness, adding little to food especially in winters is very effective)
- Few coriander leaves
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- Pinch of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder (increases nutrients absorption and helps in digestion)
- 1/2 spoon herbs (oregano)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 spoon lemon juice (vitamin C)
- Boil carrots & broccoli together In a pan by adding in boiling water.
- Slice capsicum, onion and Cottage cheese into big pieces.
- In a pan add little oil chopped ChilliChilli, ginger and garlic and saute, now chop tomatoes finely and add to the panpan, saute it till it becomes soft apress so that the juice comes out.
- Add sliced onion and capsicum, saute for 2 min.
- Slit boiled carrots into halves horizontally and vertically, cut broccoli into half and add both to the pan, cover and cook for 5 mins aur till veggies are cooked.
- Add garam masala, pepper powder, sugar, salt and Cottage cheese.
- Saute and squeeze lemon juice, sprinkle herbs, cover with coriander leaves.
- Fold cabbage leaves into circular and pin with cloves to make a round basket
- Serve cooked veggies in cabbage basket and enjoy the pack of nutrients with chapati or as consume as a snack.
- Winters will be more fun with steaming hot veggies.