Datewithfood wishes you world health day and prays for your health, well being and prosperity.
Let’s spread the word so as to keep every human being happy and healthy but the question arises how to keep yourself and others health and happiness on priority and why, so the answer is that staying healthy has nothing to do with your body weight but to keep yourself fit. There is a very common message “Healthy mind leads to healthy body” , most of the people these days are not mentally healthy which leads to ‘ DEPRESSION’.
So this year we wish to celebrate to celebrate the world health day by fighting against depression and there are many ways and differ ways help different people differently. Exercise is the most common way as it releases enzymes to help fight diseases and keep your body and mind calm but studies have revealed that it’s your food pattern also which effect your mind.
So here is the list of food that helps fight depression :
- Leafy vegetables
So why not cook delicacies which are healthy for both your mind and body.
Cooking & Preparation time: 30 mins
Things to collect:(Loaded with lot of benefits):
- 1 bunch of palak-fights depression, rich source of iron and helps weight loss
- 2 spring onions (bulb as well as lentils)-source of Vitamin C and reduces stress
- 2 onion- acts as antioxidant and prevents cancer
- 1 tomato- fights depression, adds fiber, keeps hydrated, lot of skin benefits
- ginger- antioxidant, prevents nausea
- 2 green chilies
- 3-4 cloves of garlic(lehsun) – low in calories and helps detoxify heavy metals from body
- pinch of asafoetida (hing)- helps in digestion
- 1/2 spoon turmeric powder (haldi)- anti inflammatory & antioxidant
- 1 spoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 spoon of desi ghee or mustard oil
- 1 spoon corriander powder (dhaniya)
- 1/2 spoon lemon juice- rich source of Vitamin C
- salt to taste
Steps to cook:
- Wash palak thoroughly in water and soak them for sometime.
- Chop onion & tomato in big pieces.
- Half the spring onion bulbs and chop its lentils.
- In a pan add oil, chopped green chillies, cumin seeds, asafoetida, ginger, garlic and then add onion and saute till translucent.
- Add chopped spring onion bulbs, palak, salt, turmeric powder, dhaniya powder and cover till it shrinks to half and absorbs all the water produced while cooking.
- Now add tomatoes and spring onion lentils, cover and cook again, now add lemon juice and serve by sprinkling some spring onions on top.
STAY HAPPY STAY HEALTHY….