Rang barse bheege chunar wali…
Ghujia is one of the the most famous and must have sweet in Holi, you cannot come out of one’s house without having it…Indians never celebrate this festival without Thandi and Ghujia so why not give some twist to it by replacing the filling of Ghujia which is commonly prepared using mawa….
This holi prepare Ghujia with dates and celebrate your your Holi with datewithfood…
- 10 dates
- 2 spoon poppy seeds
- 5-6 almonds
- 8-10 cashew nuts
- 2 cardamom
- 2 spoons coconut powder
- 2 spoons sugar (optional), if you prefer more sweetness
- 100 gms flour
- Oil for frying
- Water to knead
- In a jar add all ingredients of filling and grind.
- Prepare a dough by adding 1/2 spoon of oil and water as required.
- Now roll into small circles
- Fold into half and put small portion of filling, press from sides and seal it.
- Deep fry till it turns golden brown.
Bingo dates Ghujia are ready which are healthier and tastier.
Happy holi….play safe..