Pickles gives a twist and turn to your tongue, especially in summers when kachi cari is found in abundance in market and in many homes different varieties of pickles are prepared, which I must tell you is not an easy task.. It requires lot of efforts in preparing those perfect tangy aam ke achar so why not go the easy and healthy way then.
Datewithfood brings for you recipe of carrot pickles which are perfect for winters, easy to prepare, tasty to gulp and healthy to eat as carrot contains antioxidants, it helps in maintaining your skin healthier and shiny,also contains vitamin C, aids in digestion.
You can combine it with chapatti, matri or poha and relish.
Time required: just few minutes
- 8-10 sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoon corriander powder
- 2 teaspoon ginger, grated
- pinch of asofetida
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 4-5 green chilies, slit from center
- 3-4 tablespoon mustard oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds powdered
- In a bowl put Sliced carrots and all other ingredients, add oil in the last and mix well.
- In a jar transfer the preparation and keep under sun, it doesn’t require long hours of sunlight.
- It’s ready to consume after 2 hours.
You can store these pickles and consume for atleast 10-15 days.