A day full of excitement as Diwali has arrived, a festival full of lights, rangoli, people all around and my most favourite part, that is FOOD, so datewithfood brings a mouthwatering recipe that i can’t wait to post, my tummy has already started twists & twirls by hearing the name, i guess most of us can’t resist to eat this dessert, so quickly read the recipe, collect few ingredients and get, set go to the kitchen…..
Things to collect:
- 1/2 litre milk (can also use condensed milk but i prefer cow milk)
- 4 tbsp flour (maida)
- 1 cup water
- 1 and half cup sugar
- 1/2 spoon fennel seeds (saunf)
- few saffron strands
- cardamom powder
- oil for frying
- 1 scoop mango ice cream( can also use kesar pista ice cream)
- First boil milk till it becomes thick, that is it gets reduced to 1/4th.
- Keep it aside to let cool, add flour and mix well.
- In a shallow pan add oil and heat, now add spoon of batter and fry on both sides till golden brown.
For sugar syrup:
- In a pan add water, sugar, fennel seeds, cardamom powder, saffron and let sugar melt, cook it until the mixture becomes bit sticky.
- Now add pua in the sugar syrup, top with almonds.
Now comes the best part , top it with ice cream or serve ice cream separately with Mal pua.
Enjoy the festival……Stay happy, Stay safe…..