Yipeee!!!!!!Weekend time….Lot of unhealthy food all over the week, now must be guilty and want to drain out all the fat from your body in just one day, the funny part is that while going for a walk for even a km makes us feel that we have cut down enough of belly fat for the day but the fact is we need to exercise properly and have good diet else if you feel too lazy to workout on weekends then atleast have some healthy and tasty food, so let’s clear this misconception that only few varieties are available for healthy food , a simple example is palak, as on hearing about Palak one thing that clicks your mind is palak paneer but Wait……… its another recipe using the same palak you have heard thousands of times. Palak burji, a dish with bag full of nutrients and taste.
Cooking & Preparation time: 30 mins
Things to collect:(Loaded with lot of benefits):
- 1 bunch of palak- rich source of iron and helps weight loss
- 2 spring onions (bulb as well as lentils)-source of Vitamin C and reduces stress
- 2 onion- acts as antioxidant and prevents cancer
- 1 tomato- adds fiber, keeps hydrated, lot of skin benefits
- ginger- antioxidant, prevents nausea
- 2 green chilies
- 3-4 cloves of garlic(lehsun) – low in calories and helps detoxify heavy metals from body
- pinch of asafoetida (hing)- helps in digestion
- 1/2 spoon turmeric powder (haldi)- anti inflammatory & antioxidant
- 1 spoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 spoon of desi ghee or mustard oil
- 1 spoon corriander powder (dhaniya)
- 1/2 spoon lemon juice- rich source of Vitamin C
- salt to taste
Steps to cook:
- Wash palak thoroughly in water and soak them for sometime.
- Chop onion & tomato in big pieces.
- Half the spring onion bulbs and chop its lentils.
- In a pan add oil, chopped green chillies, cumin seeds, asafoetida, ginger, garlic and then add onion and saute till translucent.
- Add chopped spring onion bulbs, palak, salt, turmeric powder, dhaniya powder and cover till it shrinks to half and absorbs all the water produced while cooking.
- Now add tomatoes and spring onion lentils, cover and cook again, now add lemon juice and serve by sprinkling some spring onions on top.
STAY HAPPY STAY HEALTHY….