Eat healthy go healthy… This recipe is a mixture of many ingredients and each of it have its unique health benefits, it comprises of lentils as well as vegetables basically its a transformation of traditional Farah prepared using rice flour, it’s a little twist as prepared using semolina (suji) because it becomes bit difficult to get rice flour all the time and eating too much of it is not beneficial for health so I have replaced it with suji and a tadka of vegetables.
Winter evenings with steamy hot dishes makes it worth and if it’s without compromising with your health, this dish will give you health benefits as well as your intake of lentils mostly avoided will be fulfilled.
- 150 grams semolina
- 50 gas split urad dal
- 1 green capsicum (thinly sliced)
- 1 carrot (thinly sliced)
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- Few cabbage (washed properly and soaked in water for some time)
- Few spring onions (optional)
- 2 green chillies
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chat Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- Handful of coriander leaves, washed properly.
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- pinch of black salt
- Salt as required
- 1 spoon lemon juice
- For dough – take Semolina and prepare a soft dough by kneading with water, don’t mix water all together, take in small quantity and pour as required, keep aside for atleast half an hour.
- For filling :
- Soak urad Dal in water overnight or 2-3 hours.
- In a jar add dal, green chilli, ginger, garam Masala, chat Masala and coriander leaves, grind a little don’t make a smooth paste, grind it coarsely and then mix salt ( don’t mix much salt as your seasoning will also comprise it)
- Make small balls of dough and flatten it, now put a small portion of the above filling and fold the dough into half (just like gujia’s).
- Steam the prepared dumplings in a steamer or by adding water and putting on a strainer.
- In a pan add mustard seeds and let it crackle now add chillies, onion and saute
- Add capsicum, carrot and cabbage and saute, cover it to let it cook so tha all the veggies become soft
- Add spring onions (optional)
- Now add prepared dumplings, add salt as required, black pepper, lemon juice and stir.
- Cover it and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with green chutney
Enjoy the healthy and steamy snack in the winters without compromising on health.