Tomatoes are known to be one of the healthy vegetables as it contains vitamin C and has antioxidant properties, contains other vitamins and minerals essential for our body.
Potatoes on the other hand are considered to be most evil one and generally not preferred on the plates of people maintaining a check on their diet, many of us want to avoid it but potato is a staple food and it is served in lunch and dinner in most of the houses in Uttar Pradesh, so lets’s give it some recognition as many of us are unaware that its not evil one but has many health benefits as it helps in lowering cholesterol level, maintains blood pressure, is good for bone health and increases metabolism as well as it helps in WEIGHT MANAGEMENT which is essential by keeping you full for longer thereby curbing your hunger, so potatoes should not be completely wiped off from our kitchen and diet….Let’s celebrate the recognition of potato and prepare a vegetable suitable for consuming any time you prefer as its simple and easy to cook.
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Serves : 2
- 2 medium sized boiled potato
- 2 Tomatoes thickly sliced, remove the pulp
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- pinch of asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh cream (can also use home made malai or 1/2 cup milk)
- salt to taste
- In a pan add oil, cumin seeds, asafoetida, green chillies, grated ginger and saute.
- Now add potatoes, turmeric and coriander powder, mix well and mash the potatoes, cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add tomatoes, garam masala, salt, sugar and cream or milk, mix it but don’t let the tomatoes break, now cover with a lid and cook for 10-15 minutes so that the tomatoes becomes soft.
- Serve with chappati.
Your Potato & Tomato Veggie is ready to eat..